Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hurricane Party!

Oh goodie, tropical storm Fay is out there waiting to come ashore. Just in time for the kids to go back to school...lucky little kiddos. Getting a bit nervous, this is my first ever real tropical storm, we've been lucky the last few years and they've all passed us. But it might mean massive amounts of knitting time if we have to stay in all week.
I finished mom's first Christmas sock, I've nick named them the Ho Ho Ho socks because they seem like socks Santa would love.




Regia Nations, I think its supposed to be Italy, but don't quote me on it. I'm not really very good with international flags. I was in a LYS with bf's sister showing her the ropes (she wants to learn how to knit) when she spotted this and exclaimed over how cute the Christmas sock yarn was. I corrected her that it was actually flag themed, but saw her point when I looked again. So Christmas socks they became, and my mother has no idea they're actually for her.... Knit on them in front of her the entire trip, listened to her hint about how much she loves them, and managed to not blow the secret. This is a first for me, usually I can't keep a secret.

Edited to rotate top photo of Ho Ho Ho socks, genius that I am put in on here sideways and never noticed.

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I love the sock!! and the baby bibs are very sweet too.