Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My First Sweater

Ok, so it's not technically my first sweater ever. I've made one baby kimono sweater from Mason Dixon Knitting. But it is a first sweater of sorts... Its a doggy sweater. Knit for the dog of a good friend of mine.
Angel is a little bitty tea cup Yorkie. Which means she's really cute, but gets really cold really easily. And in Northern Michigan where snowdrifts are often well over her head....she needs sweaters to help keep warm. My grandmother first started knitting this pattern a few years ago. She experimented with the different sizes and the smallest one fit their first dog (unfortunatly this dog was killed by a neighboring dog) perfectly. I figured that Angel deserves her own sweater, so I tried the pattern out. I'm currently making another one with the prescribed cable down the back in a light pink and am setting a goal for myself to make as many as I can stand. They're great for using up single balls of yarn.

No comments: