Monday, November 3, 2008

Finished!

I finished the MS10 while riding home from Orlando yesterday. The bind off took forever, but is very pretty, and it was so exciting to dump it into the bathtub. The pinning was less exciting, but I know it's nessecary, that took about 45 minutes, and I hope it will be ok. I chose not to pin out every single loop of the bind off, it would have taken me 2 hours and more pins than i posess.

This is the shawl unblocked lounging on the floor in the living room.


Here it is taking a good long soak in the bath tub. I follow the wisdom of the yarn harlot on this, its her favorite method and it seems to work well for me too. It looks kind of disgusting in this picture, but it's worth it.
Here it is all pinned out. It took about 45 minutes to pin it out and its still not perfect. But it's close enough for me, I think its beautiful. Renee outdid herself with this, it's gorgeous. And here's a close up of the blocking shawl. I'll get a modeled shot when I unpin it. In the meantime, back to the Halloween shawl

No comments: