Thursday, July 23, 2009

Irony

I don't know why it has taken this long for the irony of the blogging situation here to catch up with me. I am an avid blog reader, and am often crushed when my favorites don't update frequently. I understand that they have lives (and many of them are writing books that are keeping them busy) but I still want them to post. So of course I haven't posted anything since April. Even though I'm sure nobody reads my posts, I still haven't tried. And I have very little in the way of excuses to offer. I'm not writing a book, not gestating or caring for an infant, don't have a social life. So what are my excuses? I helped renovate and moved into a real house, I've been trying to work as much as earthly possible, and I've been knitting. Notice I don't say I've been finishing. So onto the knitting content I actually have photos of:
This is my take on the moderne log cabin from Mason Dixon Knitting (the first book). The yarn harlot is knitting one too, and that sparked my desire to have a new afghan for the living room. Enter a great sale on Ebay and a project is born. It is further along than this, but I haven't taken a photo with my real camera (phone pictures tend to suck) to post it anywhere yet. The little purple dress is much larger, but sadly has been neglected since it has been my work knitting, and work has been slammed, or nonexsistant. Poor little kid is going to outgrow it before it's even close to being finished (that would be a motivator for most normal people, me, I find myself wondering if I know another little girl that will fit it).

1 comment:

froggiemeanie said...

I just put you in my bloglines...does that help ;) ?