Saturday, July 5, 2008

Summer of Socks



I am a participant in Summer of Socks 2008, and am hopelessly behind. Most people have knit whole pairs of socks by now (its already 2 or 3 weeks in) and I'm still on first socks of both pairs! I blame work, school and knitting for the new baby thats due into bfs family in a few weeks. I'm trying to work through my shame at being behind this far, but its not going very well. I'm also trying to bribe myself into finishing the first socks of the pairs so I can start the second, so I can move on...but thats not working either. We won't mention how I'm choosing to bribe myself, it makes me seem insane... Anyway, time to have a hit parade of a few things i have actually made progress on in the last couple of weeks (since I have no sock progress to brag about)





These are the last pair of socks finished before summer of socks started. These go quite well with my pink scrub pants, and I can see the great sock thief (aka my mother) trying to steal these. I'm sure that topic will be elaborated on in later posts, for now lets just say that she ain't gettin em.




These are a pair of No Purl Monkeys, the picture is awful but its the best I can get for now. Maybe I can con bf into helping me get a better one. These are also for me (which seems selfish, but mummy dearest has her fair share of socks that were supposed to be for me) though I'm not very happy with how they've been washing and wearing. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill supersocke and it just seems floppy. The stitch definition is great though so it might be a decent trade off.
Pictures to come of nephews blankie, its grown substantially since the last picture i took.

No comments: